Friday, December 23, 2011

To the Earth I Come

To the Earth I come with my kind son, drinking in the brisk, cold wind
Looking south to Pilot Rock, we do not linger, for it is December and cold outside.
A reminder winter is well underway, and it is no time to bask in the sun that has gone over the hills before our four p.m. arrival.  So we return to warm our tummies with a hearty soup, for Jeff needs some down time to ready for his flight to Calgary in the early hours of the morning, and I need prep time with my caregiver to have good meals over Christmas.  May the much needed snows and rains come soon too.  It is the time of the Winter Lodge, where storytelling and sharing beauty in simple ways takes precedence over doing too much on limited resources; it is a time to conserve and nourish our roots, and give a helping hand as we are able to be there for one another.

No comments:

Post a Comment